Help us make your printing experience with Mountain Media a success by going through this easy checklist. Need more info?
Contact your local Mountain Media sales person or call our professional staff at 970-493-2499.
- Clearly indicate the filename of the document to print
- Include a hard-copy sample or Adobe PDF of the file to print
- Create the document with the same trim size as the final printed piece.
- Include all source images in your document
- Raster images should be 300 DPI
- Flatten source images and save them as TIF or EPS files
- Include all fonts used in your document (both screen and printer fonts). Don’t forget to check for embedded fonts in images!
- Do not use the style palette to italicize or bold a font. Instead, use the actual typeface such as, Arial Bold.
- Remove any unused colors from your document’s color palette.
- Ensure all colors are CMYK or spot colors (please do not use RGB or registration)
- Remember to extend images that bleed beyond the edge of the document ¼”. Also, keep any critical data .125″ from the edge of the page.
- What is a bleed? Click here
- Remove any fold or cut lines form the print image area.
- Convert all word files to PDF when possible
Compatible Software programs for design
- Quark XPress
* PDFs can be used for digital printing, however, it depends on how they have been written and saved. Native files may be required if changes need to be made to the file. Contact a Mountain Media expert if you are unsure if your PDF will work.